International School of Florence
Please see the art teacher if you have trouble obtaining any supplies.
You need these supplies for class everyday.
• Drawing pencil
• White eraser
• Pencil sharpener
The following materials for home art assignments.
Keep these supplies at home.
• A4 spiral or hard covered sketchbook
• Drawing pencils (2b – 6b)
• Small glue stick
• Small white glue (liquid)
• Set of 12 Prismacolour colored pencils (good quality colored pencils)
• White eraser
• Black ultra fine Uni-ball pen (gel pen)
• Spray workable matte fixitif (used to spray on your drawings you complete at home to prevent smudging during transport)
List in Italian:
• Blocco A4 da disegno a spirale o con copertina rigida
• Matite da disegno (2b-6b)
• Piccola colla stick
• Vasetto colla liquida
• 12 matite colorate Prismacolor (o di buon qualità)
• Gomma da cancellare bianca
• Penna nera Uni-Ball ultra fine (gel pen)
• Spray fissante effetto opaco (da mettere sui disegni completati a casa per prevenire sbavature durante il trasporto)
Optional Supplies for IB Students: In addition, of course, you can purchase specific media and materials that would help you create artwork for the media and concepts you pursue in IB.
Willow Charcoal (vine) – Thick, Box of 12
Compressed charcoal – box of 3
A set of oil pastels (cray pas)
Watercolors in small tubes or pans, acrylic paint, and/or oil paint (cadmium yellow, alizarin crimson, ultramarine blue, permanent green light, burnt umber, sepia)\
Places to buy art supplies in Florence
Tell them you are an ISF student and you will get a discount.
Lory near Ponte Trinita
Zecchi near the Duomo
All homework is due at the START of class on the due date posted on the website.
LATE homework is homework that is turned in at the end of the class that it is due or the next art class = 1 grade lower
Homework turned in later then the following art class = ZERO
Homeworks are explained in class and Internet connectivity is not an excuse for not completing homework. The website is to aid you in your homework.
If you put in effort into a homework but it did not come out as you expected or you misunderstood the assignment: You may redo it for a better grade within one week.
Absent: You are responsible to find out what assignments you missed while absent. Generally 1 day will be given for each day missed to make up assignments. Write ABSENT next to your name on the back of the assignment.
How to earn a good grade on your homework
Homework assignments will take between 1 and 3 hours to complete.
All homework should be completed in your journal unless specified otherwise (not printer paper).
Follow the instructions for each homework.
Include a background when applicable.
Shade using a full range of values using a drawing pencil unless specified otherwise.
**Disclaimer: This web site has not been endorsed in any way by the IBO and is an independent web site.
****Dear fellow art teachers. Please feel free to use my site for inspiration but do not simply copy and paste my lessons and claim them as your own without citation.
© Created by Jessica Russo Scherr/Jessica Perry 2016