International School of Florence
IB 1 HL and SL
(Students entering 11th grade)
1. Obtain an A4 spiral or hardbound sketchbook. This will become your Visual Art Journal.
2. Review the syllabus Syllabus & Assessment Criteria.
3. Choose 3 of the Prompts from this link and respond to them in your Visual Art Journal
4. Bring in your Visual Art Journal to the first day of school.
IB 2 HL and SL
(Students entering 12th grade)
1 HL complete 2studio works (Connect to CS if needed), SL complete 1 studio work (for example: painting, sculpture, detailed drawing, print making) an Journal pages for those works Submit it with completed Process Portfolio Pages on Google Classroom.
2. First Draft of your Comparative Study (Include Criteria A-E, HL You do not need to due Criteria F for this draft) Submitted on Google Classroom
3. Bring in the studio works and your journal to the first day of school.
All homework is due at the START of class on the due date posted on the website.
LATE homework is homework that is turned in at the end of the class that it is due or the next art class = 1 grade lower
Homework turned in later then the following art class = ZERO
Homeworks are explained in class and Internet connectivity is not an excuse for not completing homework. The website is to aid you in your homework.
If you put in effort into a homework but it did not come out as you expected or you misunderstood the assignment: You may redo it for a better grade within one week.
Absent: You are responsible to find out what assignments you missed while absent. Generally 1 day will be given for each day missed to make up assignments. Write ABSENT next to your name on the back of the assignment.
How to earn a good grade on your homework
Homework assignments will take between 1 and 3 hours to complete.
All homework should be completed in your journal unless specified otherwise (not printer paper).
Follow the instructions for each homework.
Include a background when applicable.
Shade using a full range of values using a drawing pencil unless specified otherwise.
**Disclaimer: This web site has not been endorsed in any way by the IBO and is an independent web site.
****Dear fellow art teachers. Please feel free to use my site for inspiration but do not simply copy and paste my lessons and claim them as your own without citation.
© Created by Jessica Russo Scherr/Jessica Perry 2016